Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dr appointment

So 2 weeks ago Calvin was admitted to the hospital for 3 days. He was admitted for his red, white,  and platelets for being super low. So low that they tested him for scary things. They thought he had leukemia.
So yesterday we had to follow up with Dr. Shah who is a hematologist/oncologist.  Which means he is a blood and cancer dr.
Thankfully my mom was able to come with Calvin and I to this appointment. Once we get back in the room they explain he will be having labs drawn and once the simple one comes back they will explain more of what's going on. So we wait...
About 15 minutes later dr shah comes in and explains that Calvin has anemia. He is iron deficient and a little more than that. And once they figure out what's causing his anemia it should be a simple fix. So I asked does he have leukemia? ????
And they dr said no. Not anywhere even close. Calvins blood work showed no signs of cancer or of anything super serious or scary. I almost cried. The last two weeks have been hell. All I could think about was my baby having cancer.
Thank the heavens he doesn't and once we find what causes his red blood count to be low we can fix it.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment