Monday, December 2, 2013

9 months old

I am a little far behind on our blog, but to say the least we've been a little busy.
The twins are 9 months old and it has been the most amazing months of my life and yet the hardest. Not because they are 2 babies but because a lot has happened to them that I wish I could have taken away.
Calvin has had 4 surgeries. 3 of which have been major and so scary. In the nicu he had his g tube placed and his tongue sewn to his front lip (tongue-lip-adhesion). that caused him to have a breathing tube down his throat for almost 2 weeks causing pneumonia. August he had tubes placed in his ears not a big deal. Now in September he had a subdurral drain put in. And what that means they put a tube in his head and drained 3 oz of blood from around his brain. Now this is something we have dealt with since he was born. I nor doctor's have any idea what caused it. But recently going to genetics we may have found the answer. That was a scary surgery. And I still have night mares about it. But so far it fixed the problem and his brain is perfectly healthy now! And as most know he just had his soft pallet repaired. And it has made an amazing difference. Through all of this Calvin he has smiled and laughed and been the best little boy! He rolls over and is trying to sit up.  He is right on track where he should be! And he has at least 2 teeth under his tongue-lip-adhesion.
Now miss Bentley hasn't had any surgeries but has a bi cuspid heart valve. Not a big deal right now but it could affect her later in life that is fixed by a simple catheter procedure. She has 8 teeth with 4 more coming in. She is rolling, crawling, and pulling herself up.
Together they are the best babies and life is so amazing. We play all day long and even get the house clean. Not to mention there will be another baby in May. And yes I'm sure everyone thinks we're crazy and I will be busy all day and night but that isn't the case at all. We know that this baby is coming exactly when she needs to and we're ready for the adventures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment